[BlueOnyx:26678] Re: Web Site with URL /login

Tigerwolf tigerwolf at tigerden.com
Mon Dec 18 19:21:21 -05 2023

On Fri, 15 Dec 2023, Keith R via Blueonyx wrote:

> But when you click the link to login to the ecommerce site,  it
> automatically tries to take you to xxx.com:444/login

This re-write-to-server-login behavior is also causing issues with
ignoring legitimate 301 redirects on sites.  Rather than simply following
a site's redirect URL, the server hands back the host:444/login page and
and the site's redirect URL is ignored.

On our legacy BX systems, we put up a generic greeting/info web page as a
default for the server to display.  If you wanted the server's /login
page, you have to specifically know and ask for it!

It seems only *INVITING* password hack attempts when people get the
redirected BO login display by default!

--
=^_^=  Tigerwolf