[BlueOnyx:26687] Re: Let's Encrypt: Certificate auto-renewal failed

Meaulnes Legler @ MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Wed Dec 27 04:53:07 -05 2023

hello Chris

Thank you so much for responding!

I followed partially your advices, I rebooted the DNS server (on a different IP), disabled and re-enabled the SSL of that concerned site and rebooted its own server, too.

Now the Let's Encrypt certificate auto-renewal completed (yesterday). Funnily enough, the same thing happened for the root certificate of another server on a different IP, the auto-renewal failed but the certificate was valid. Today, the certificate auto-renewal completed! This without SSL off → on and without reboot.

So I think you were right, the DNS was the culprit, rebooting its server solved the problem.

Thanks again /und än guätä Rutsch/ meaning a good slide into the New Year :-)

で⊃ Meaulnes Legler
Zurich, Switzerland
+41¦0 44 260-1660