[BlueOnyx:25980] Re: Adding existing mysql database/users

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Feb 17 10:35:15 -05 2023

Hi Darren,

> That's super useful, thanks - I do know all the databases,
 > users, and to which vsite they should belong, so scripting
 > something won't be too difficult.

Very well.

> I was hoping just shoving the data I needed into CODB
> directly would work, and that the various hooks wouldn't
> automatically try to create the databases/users and
 > fail - presumably that creation or checking process is
 > done within the logic of the gui, and not the interface
 > to codb?

The GUI actually has very little logic in that regards, as creating,
destroying or modifying CODB objects will trigger all the related
scripts and also handles the input validation.

However: To prevent triggering of any of the MySQL related scripts from
running you could edit /usr/sausalito/conf/base/mysql/mysql.conf and
comment out all lines in there. Then save the changes and rehash CCEd:

/usr/sausalito/sbin/cced.init rehash

Then you can use cceclient to make your changes w/o any of the SQL
creation scripts running.

Be sure to revert the changes and to rehash CCEd again once you're done,
though.