[BlueOnyx:25986] Re: Integrate modsecurity as an pers site enable or disable WAF?

Dirk Estenfeld dirk.estenfeld at blackpoint.de
Mon Feb 20 03:49:42 -05 2023

Hello Michael,

Unfortunately, I don't have any ready-made instructions for you, but can
only ask Auntie Google in this case.
However, there is a switch "SecRuleEngine On".
It may be possible to set this to "off" at a high level and then set it to
"on" in the respective site config, if desired. Then you wouldn't have to
touch all the config files in general.

There are probably several rulesets for ModSecurity like OWASP, Comodo,
Atomic that are free or costly. I think ModSecurity is mostly used together
with OWASP. But as written. I don't have a tested manual that you can simply
go through.

Best regards,
Dirk

blackpoint GmbH – Friedberger Straße 106b – 61118 Bad Vilbel