[BlueOnyx:25931] Re: DKIM key cached

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jan 16 14:05:38 -05 2023

Hi Robert,

> I've got a site set up on a 5211R where it used to be domain.com and is
> now domain.net, but DKIM still signing as the .com domain. I've tried to
> disable, the key gets removed from DNS and creates with same key when
> enabled again with create key ticked. How can I get a new key?
When you rename a Vsite in the GUI or when it's email server aliases
change (or if DKIM is disabled and re-enabled for that Vsite) the files ...

/etc/opendkim/KeyTable
/etc/opendkim/SigningTable

... will be edited and the domain name and aliases will be updated. As
long as there is still *something* ("Email Server Alias" for example)
that uses the old domain name, then the OpenDKIM key itself won't be
regenerated.

If you *really* want to force it to generate a new key? Disable DKIM for
the all Vsites that use the same domain name of that name and then
manually delete the directory /etc/opendkim/keys/<domain-name>

When you then enable DKIM again for that Vsite, it'll generate a new key.