[BlueOnyx:25952] Re: OpenDKIM support for BlueOnyx 5211R released

Fungal Style wayin at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 24 22:15:40 -05 2023

Sorry:

SERVER MANAGEMENT (not SYSTEM) tab....

On 25/1/2023, 2:14 pm, "Blueonyx on behalf of Fungal Style" <blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it <mailto:blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it> on behalf of wayin at hotmail.com <mailto:wayin at hotmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Michael,

Skewing off slightly....

I have a 5210R and a few days ago I did not have this issue, but it appears something has happened, and the timing may be the update so I thought I would mention it.

When checking the email settings from the SERVER MANAGEMENT tab, I get a lot of PHP warnings:
----------

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice

Message: Undefined index: enableOpenDKIM

Filename: controllers/Emailsettings.php

Line Number: 686

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice

Message: Undefined index: OpenDKIM_Mode

Filename: controllers/Emailsettings.php

Line Number: 695

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice

Message: Undefined index:

Filename: controllers/Emailsettings.php

Line Number: 695

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice

Message: Undefined index: OpenDKIM_SendReports

Filename: controllers/Emailsettings.php

Line Number: 698

----------

There is the OpenDKIM tab along with the usual tabs below this (ie screen renders fine below the warning messages)

I performed a YUM update as there were around 4 to be done, but still the same issue. The only reason I noticed was I was going to make a change to block an email address from emailing the server, but it fails with system errors "Sorry, an Internal Server error occurred" Then it lists 3 attributes which are unknown.

I checked one of the VSITES email settings and can see there is DKIM tab, but it is enabled by default and I cannot disable it (was thinking I could try disabling it on all the site (a mammoth task but was the only logical thing I could think of).

The reason for wanting to make the change that alerted me has passed for now but I would like to look at DKIM at some point also (and if there is a messed up setting, I would not want to migrate that at a later date either).

Any ideas on what could be happening?

Regards
Brian

On 7/1/2023, 2:50 pm, "Blueonyx on behalf of Michael Stauber" <blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it <mailto:blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it> <mailto:blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it <mailto:blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it>> on behalf of mstauber at blueonyx.it <mailto:mstauber at blueonyx.it> <mailto:mstauber at blueonyx.it <mailto:mstauber at blueonyx.it>>> wrote:

Hi all,

> https://www.blueonyx.it/opendkim <https://www.blueonyx.it/opendkim> <https://www.blueonyx.it/opendkim> <https://www.blueonyx.it/opendkim>>
>
> BlueOnyx 5211R now has OpenDKIM support out of the box. \o/
Today I realized that the OpenDKIM integration into 5211R was a bit
incomplete and the release perhaps somewhat premature. So I cranked out
some more code and just published an improved version of it.

You see: DKIM is per domain.

What if you have multiple Vsites that share the same domain name?

Example:

Vsite: www.company.com
Vsite: mail.company.com
Vsite: support.company.com
Vsite: wiki.company.com

So in this example there are four Vsites that share the same domain name
"company.com". When you now tick on DKIM support for one of them? The
GUI will now create the keys, the DNS TXT record and will automatically
add DKIM support to ALL Vsites that share the "company.com" domain name.

This will cover:

Domain name, all FQDNs and all Email Server Aliases of all Vsites under
the same domain name.

If you add/remove an Email Server Alias? The DKIM configuration will be
updated automatically. Same if you rename a Vsite and give it a
different hostname. As long as it keeps the domain name? It'll be covered.

If you already have a Vsite with DKIM enabled present and add another
Vsite that shares the same domain name? It'll get DKIM support as well.

If you delete a Vsite that has DKIM enabled, then the DKIM config
entries related to the Vsite will be removed, but the DNS TXT Record as
well as the DKIM key remain present (and working) until the last Vsite
of that domain name is deleted as well.

Like said: This should now work better and is a more complete approach
to things.

Meanwhile: I'm almost done backporting the DKIM support to 5210R as
well, but this will potentially be a disruptive YUM update for 5210R
users with the AV-SPAM, so I'll hold off publishing until the next week.
I'll probably push it to the BlueOnyx-Testing YUM repository first and
ask some volunteers to check it out.

An updated AV-SPAM for 5210R will be released as well when this goes
public for 5210R.