[BlueOnyx:26349] Re: 5210R sendmail to postfix switch questions

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jul 5 12:59:09 -05 2023

Hi Tim,

> OK I flipped on Postfix and things looked good.

Very well.

> One thing I did notice is my procmail.rc doesn't appear to be being used
> once I switched it over
>
> I have a lot of hand written recipes and other things going on that I
> would like to be able to still do with Postfix
>
> Can I still use my procmail.rc recipes?

You can still use /etc/procmailrc as well as ~user/.procmailrc, as
Postfix also used Procmail for local deliveries - same as Sendmail did.

> I did try to strip out most off of my recipes just to see if I could see
> any action in my procmail_log file but once I flipped it to postfix
> there was no logging in my logfile
>
> VERBOSE=on
> LOGABSTRACT=on
> COMSAT=no
> LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail_log

Check your /var/log/maillog. It will probably complain that Postfix
couldn't write to /var/log/procmail_log

The thing is that Postfix runs as user "postfix", group "postfix" and
although it's member of groups "mail" and "smssp"? The only way I found
to keep procmail logging to a file was if I set the permissions of the
logfile to 0644: chmod 0644 /var/log/procmail_log