[BlueOnyx:26352] Re: BO 5211 on LXC , Internal Server Error while removing User

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Jul 8 15:27:38 -05 2023

Hi Rodrigo,

 > We need pointers to solve this issue:
 >
 > 1) migrated users with easymigrate from an old 5209 to a new 5211
 > virtual (lxc)
 >
 > Only one site on the server.
 >
 > 2)On the resulting server,
 >
 > Trying to eliminate a Users ends up in a :
 >
 > Internal server error
 >
 > no clues about wheres the issue:
 >
 > 3)What we checked
 > /var/log/messages does not register a thing
 >
 > /var/log/adm_error does not show anything useful

This sounds like a combination of issues and not just a singular failure.

For starters: /var/log/messages should have some useful information
about where it errored out during the user deletion. If an attempted
user deletion did not result in logfile entries, then your logging is
buggered out. We also see this occasionally on OpenVZ 7 and I'd be
surprised if the issue didn't exist in LXC as well.

So let us shake the logging loose again, which you can with these commands:

rm /var/log/journal/*/*
rm /var/lib/rsyslog/imjournal.state
systemctl restart systemd-journald
systemctl restart rsyslog

Next: Enable Debugging in the 5211R GUI. See this URL for more information:

https://www.blueonyx.it/blueonyx-5211r-debugging

Instead of an "Internal Server Error" the GUI will then show *really*
helpful information that helps to troubleshoot this further.

That should produce a detailed error message about where and why it failed.

In the absence of more information I can only speculate why the user
deletion failed, but more often than not it is related to email alias
issues.

Alternatively: File a "Support Request" via the GUI and tick the
checkbox "Allow access" and I'll take a look. But let me know in the
comments which users I'd be allowed to attempt to delete to produce the
error.