[BlueOnyx:26272] Re: Postfix remote SMTP fixed, incoming not working though

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jun 1 12:06:44 -05 2023

Hi Arie,

> Welllll........
>
> seems all is working except the blueonyx mails not coming through.....
>
> Jun  1 18:34:25 x10-server postfix/smtpd[217413]: connect from
> lists.blueonyx.it[208.77.151.199]
> Jun  1 18:34:25 x10-server postfix/smtpd[217413]: SSL_accept error from
> lists.blueonyx.it[208.77.151.199]: -1
> Jun  1 18:34:25 x10-server postfix/smtpd[217413]: warning: TLS library
> problem: error:1417A0C1:SSL routines:tls_post_process_client_hello:no
> shared cipher:ssl/statem/statem_srvr.c:2285:

That happens when your BlueOnyx relays through your IPS's MTA in order
to send email to the BlueOnyx list server?

The error message indicates that your end couldn't find a common ground
when negotiating with the BlueOnyx server about which SSL protocol and
ciphers to use.

The listserver is a 5209R running Sendmail and I'm about to upgrade it
to a 5210R using Postfix this weekend. Still: The ciphers and protocols
it uses are standard and it has common grounds in that regards with
pretty much anything. The only thing it can't do is TLSv1.3.

I'm wondering if your ISP is using an even older antiquity MTA which
can't handle modern or semi-modern TLS ciphers.