[BlueOnyx:26283] Continuing Support for BlueOnyx: Your Help Makes a Difference!

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Jun 4 12:21:40 -05 2023

Dear BlueOnyx Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to you today with
a humble request for your support to ensure the continued development
and sustainability of the BlueOnyx project.

As you may know, BlueOnyx has always been an open-source endeavor,
driven by the passion and dedication of individuals like yourself.
Together, we have built a powerful and user-friendly platform that
empowers countless users worldwide.

Over the past year, I have dedicated my energy to the development and
release of BlueOnyx 5211R, a remarkable milestone in our journey. I take
great pride in this accomplishment, knowing it has been made possible by
the collective efforts of our passionate community. It is also great to
see that BlueOnyx 5211R found such widespread acceptance within our
community and it has also attracted a small influx in new adopters.

However, I want to be transparent about the challenges we are currently
facing. The sales figures for our commercial add-ons at SOLARSPEED.NET,
our associated company, have not met our expectations. This has put both
the BlueOnyx project and our company in a position of uncertainty when
it comes to financial sustainability. In part our generous licensing
that allows to use our software on all supported BlueOnyx versions meant
that even the widespread adoption of BlueOnyx 5211R didn’t significantly
result in new software purchases, as licenses are transferable from an
old server to a new one. Likewise: Easy-Migrate works so well, that our
offered migration services from older to newer BlueOnyx versions are now
hardly ever needed or requested, which culled another source of regular
income.

While we have made efforts to secure alternative sources of income, it
is clear that we cannot continue without the support of our valued
community members like you. Your contributions have always played a
pivotal role in enabling us to provide a free and robust platform like
BlueOnyx.

Today, I am reaching out to kindly request your support once again. If
you have found value in BlueOnyx and believe in the project's mission, I
kindly request that you consider making a donation to support our
ongoing efforts or consider making a purchase in the BlueOnyx shop.
Maybe you have a license that needs renewal or would like to try some of
our software that you so far haven’t purchased? Your contributions,
whether through a one-time donation, a small purchase or a monthly
commitment, can truly make a difference. To make a donation securely and
conveniently or consider a software purchase, please visit our donation
page or our online shop:

https://www.blueonyx.it/donations
https://shop.blueonyx.it

I want to express my sincere gratitude to those who have already
donated. Your generosity has been instrumental in our progress so far.
Now, we humbly ask you to consider continuing your support and inspiring
others to join our cause. Together, we can create a strong and
sustainable foundation for BlueOnyx, fostering innovation and benefiting
the entire community.

If you are unable to contribute financially at this time, we completely
understand. There are still meaningful ways to help, such as spreading
awareness about BlueOnyx, sharing your success stories, or contributing
your skills to further enhance the project. Your active participation
and engagement are invaluable to our community's growth and success.

Thank you for being a part of the BlueOnyx community and for considering
our request. Together, we can overcome these challenges and continue
building a platform that empowers individuals and businesses around the
globe.

--
With sincere appreciation,

Michael Stauber