[BlueOnyx:26319] Re: issues after php 8 updates

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jun 22 13:23:12 -05 2023

Hi Tim,

> Below are errors that I see for one plugin.
> (It's not just related to this one plugin. I get them when working with
> Elementor and others. Some plugins are just fine.)
>
>   [client 75.135.86.221:49756 <http://75.135.86.221:49756>]
> /home/solarspeed/php-8.2/bin/php-cgi: symbol lookup error:
> /home/solarspeed/php-8.2/bin/php-cgi: undefined symbol:
> zip_compression_method_supported, referer:
>
> I tried various versions of php 8 and all throw this error.

This is on a BlueOnyx 5210R, right?

Until recently the PHP-8.X versions of PHP for BlueOny 5210R were
missing the "Zip" extension, as there were issues building it against
the ancient libzip that ships with EL8.

I eventually managed to build it just fine, but according to the error
messages you see there it errors out when someone actually tries to use it.

I'll look into it again and will rebuild all PHP-8.X packages for 5210R.
Either with Zip support (if I can solve the issue) or without. However,
this is a somewhat complex issue, so it'll take me a few days to solve it.