[BlueOnyx:26331] CalDAV + CardDAV (Contacts & Address Books) integration for BlueOnyx?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jun 26 19:39:51 -05 2023

Hi all,

I've got a request for implementing CalDAV and CardDAV into BlueOnyx on
the table. These are open protocols that allow users to manage their
Calendar and Address Books by storing them on the server. This can then
be accessed (via username, password and URL) on the sever by pretty much
any application that supports it. Like various email clients and
calendar software.

This also allows to synchronize/merge various calendars and address
books and what not.

I've looked into a few open source projects for this and got this
narrowed down to using a Python based solution called "Radicale":
https://radicale.org

If integrated into BlueOnyx, you could turn the feature on or off server
wide and and your users then can create and manage their own CalDAV and
CardDAV address books and calendars via the BlueOnyx GUI. And these can
then be used in external applications such as Thunderbird, Outlook and
what not.

What's the general consensus on this?

Is that something you'd find useful to have?

The integration is a few days of work and it's planned for 5210R and 5211R.

If you'd find this useful to have, consider chipping in via a donation:

https://www.blueonyx.it/donations

If we can raise 500 Euros I'll integrate it into the stock BlueOnyx free
of charge. If not? Then I'll release it via the shop as paid add-on.