[BlueOnyx:26037] Re: Serverload message and info about processes

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Mar 16 04:01:57 -05 2023

Hi Dirk,

> System monitoring has recently detected changes in the status of your
> server.
>
> For more details, see the System Monitoring section of the
> administration interface.
>
> The following changes have been registered:
>
> * The CPU is currently very heavily used.[…]
>
> ---
>
> And then there is a "top" attached to it.
>
> Unfortunately, this is sorted by PID and not by "%CPU".
>
> Would it also be possible to sort the "top" according to "%CPU"? This
> would help to find out where the load could come from in this moment
> /snapshot.

We use this command to generate the report:

top -b -n 1

One can specifically tell it to sort by CPU this way:

top -b -n 1 -o %CPU

But that's already the default anyway.

However: Our swatch has also a sort routine that then sorts it by PID,
which is kinda stupid. I'll publish a fixed "swatch" later today that
then presents the output sorted by CPU.