[BlueOnyx:26053] Re: Errors on update page

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Mar 27 11:40:06 -05 2023

Hi Tobias,

> I have a customer with a fully uptodate 5210R. Whenever I connect to the
> "Software Updates" page, the server throws many, many times:
>
> A PHP Error was encountered
> Severity: Notice
> Message: Undefined offset: 1
> Filename: controllers/Shop.php
> Line Number: 211

That means that your server had issues when making a HTTP connection to
http://newlinq.blueonyx.it/showshops/

The connection happened (otherwise the GUI would simply ignore the
results and not show errors), but the returned results were totally
unexpected.

> In the BlueOnyx Shop Setup menu there is no Shop set and when using the
> dropdown there I get a lot of empty lines to choose as well as "NOT FOR
> BUSINESS USE"..

THAT confirms that your server has issues making a connection to
NewLinQ, because something is interfering with outgoing HTTP connections
from the server.

Please check if you're using a proxy for that or if there is a firewall
that blocks outgoing HTTP requests.

You can also test it from the command line of the server by running this
command:

lynx http://newlinq.blueonyx.it/showshops/

It should report this if the connection works:

"1","shop.blueonyx.it","AUD" "2","shop.solarspeed.net","EUR"
"3","www.compassnetworks.com.au","AUD"

> I just wanted to try to reinstall the regarding
> packages Compass-base-glue Compass-webapps-capstone Compass-webapps-ui
> but cannot find a download anywhere. yum doesn't find them as well.

Yeah, the thing is: When your server cannot make HTTP or HTTPS
connections to NewLinQ, then you won't be able to download packages.