[BlueOnyx:26055] Re: PDFparser

Juerg Sommer jsommer at emailto.ch
Wed Mar 29 15:37:41 -05 2023

Hi Colin

What do you want to do with PDFs? As far as I know, BlueOnyx has no
implemented pdf parser. But I have many experience with pdf-parsing with
php. Take a look at FPDF or TCPDF. Also the packages "poppler-utils" has
some useful binaries (ex. pdftotext to extract text from a pdf file) and
ghostscript can be used to convert a pdf to a jpg or pdf file (can also
be do with imagick, but ghostscript is much faster and better). binaries
must be called with exec() or system().

I think for BlueOnyx pdf-parsing is off topic, but If you give more
informations, I can maybe give you some tips. You can also contact me
directly by mail if you want.

Regards,
Juerg

PS: pdf components needs updated php. The built-in pdf 5.6 in 5209R is
too old (and for security reasons anyway a bad idea), so I hope you have
php updated to at least php 7.2