[BlueOnyx:26200] Re: DKIM signature

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed May 10 21:26:35 -05 2023

Hi Robert,

> On a newly setup 5211R and testing the first vsite, I don't see any DKIM
> signature despite enabling for the vsite. After enabled, I see the DNS
> records were created as requested for DMARC and DKIM. See the headers
> below for a test message I sent. Although I see the SPF and DMARC checks
> pass, even the DKIM-Filter header is present, I don't see a signature.
> The Server Management has OpenDKIM enabled with Sign & Verify, and the
> vsite has enabled. DNS lookup show the DKIM TXT record is in place. The
> configuration checks out, has everything thing present in the DKIM
> KeyTable and SigningTable with the private key. Shouldn't I be seeing
> the signature for the vsite domain, tampabaywebhosting.net?

I'm not sure if maybe Google drops these headers, but when I send from a
DKIM enabled 5211R the emails have DKIM-headers similar to this:

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 5211r.smd.net 9443620BB484
	s=default; t=1683771332;
	bh=V3qrblOPv93Fg3VMt+e0n+wGJcuXKvPeyo3VlU8JFjg=;
	h=Date:From:To:Subject:From;
	b=JAhVaDFPUuDkPYhA7vNVSPQsih0WxwfsS/FgTCfTKtDShRRwot5B4wWhD/ZRbdqrb
	 B8emgL/1cJ0zveOfvdmiol8dRvZlGCmMTnv5Isv7/bBQ0EY7/8/KEqIH9bpiig/NJt
	 pe5uVuK49Di7cTNn2Hbgya2GAoAFNuNO9MpUkutU=

Upon sending emails your /var/log/maillog will also report when it adds
DKIM signatures to outgoing emails:

May 10 21:17:48 5211r opendkim[1192374]: C5C7420BB484: DKIM-Signature
field added (s=default, d=5211r1.smd.net)

Where the d= prepends the Vsite FQDN that this email was from.

Please check the "Email" settings for the Vsite in question and make
sure the domain part right of the @ sign in the sender email address
appears among the "DKIM Aliases" shown on that GUI page.