[BlueOnyx:26218] 5209R: Two-Factor-Auth (2FA)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun May 21 21:31:24 -05 2023

Hi all,

Last month we added Two-Factor-Auth (2FA) to BlueOnyx 5211R and BlueOnyx
5210R. We just backported this feature to our older BlueOnyx 5209R as
well and released the YUM updates for it.

This implementation of 2FA adds an additional layer of security to SSH
enabled Shell accounts. If an account as Shell enabled and 2FA enabled,
then during login the user will be asked for the username, the password
and additionally a one-time-use "Verification Code" that you can
generate in a 2FA application on your mobile device. Supported 2FA
authenticator applications are the Google Authenticator and the RedHat
FreeOTP app, which are both available for Android and Apple devices.

For more information on how this works, please see the relevant FAQ
entry here: https://www.blueonyx.it/auth