[BlueOnyx:26245] Re: Easy Migrate - Hv_utils error

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Sun May 28 04:12:18 -05 2023

Thanks Michael,

I'm not sure about this error message, but it sure is related to the

Hyper-V architecture. The exact error message produced this Google

result, but it requires a RedHat subscription to read, which I don't have:

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/6614751 <https://access.redhat.com/solutions/6614751>

From what I gather the guest OS on Hyper-V needs some Hyper-V tools

installed in order to communicate with the hypervisor. Maybe you don't

have these tools installed, maybe they need an update or need to be

restarted?

Yeah, I found a few bits on Google but nothing specific. It is interesting that the Easy Migrate showed these errors before it completed so I thought maybe it was something I needed to turn on in the 5210R … I will investigate.

[INFO] Configured NameSpace 'SSL' of Vsite intranet.domain.co.uk.

[INFO] Importing 'intranet_db' SQL database of Vsite intranet.domain.co.uk

[xxx xxx] hv_utils: TimeSync IC version 4.0

[xxx xxx] hv_utils: VSS: failed to communicate to the daemon: -22

[INFO] Importing Users of Vsite intranet.domain.co.uk

Done!

I forgot to mention the Timesync. Oops. ☹

Regards

Colin