[BlueOnyx:26258] Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: ISP SMTP credentials, how to?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed May 31 12:18:11 -05 2023

Hi Arie,

> At the moment it is Sendmail. Switching it will do no harm to my mail
> maps and files?

It's fine. BlueOnyx uses modified Postfix startup scripts. We generate
the Postfix configuration on the fly on every restart based on the
Sendmail configuration. So we parse sendmail.mc and all relevant map
files and import those settings into the Postfix configuration.

The best of it: Any Postfix setting not managed by the GUI is kept as
is, so custom additions can be added and will be retained.

> P.s.: the cronjob? It was a home cooked job to backup mail and pix etc
> to a spare drive, a remnant from my foolish days.

Oh, I see. :p