[BlueOnyx:26264] Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: ISP SMTP credentials, how to?

Ceelie, Arie (VodafoneZiggo) arie.ceelie at vodafoneziggo.com
Wed May 31 23:36:06 -05 2023

Hi Michael,

>Hi Arie,
>Additionally: The "unreasonable virtual_alias_maps map nesting for
>>elpadre at ceelie.info -- message not accepted" indicates something is
>fishy with the alias maps. Is elpadre at ceelie.info a local mailbox on the
>BlueOnyx - or a remote one? Or is it a local mailbox that then forwards
>emails to an external address?

Elpadre is a local user. The domain is ceelie.info. Mails from this user (and other local users) have to be routed through the remote smtp with other credentials:
Remote server: smtp at domain.nl
Remote user: single-user at domain.nl
Remote password: Password
Remote port: 587
Remote security: TLS

I tried the remote smtp settings in a mailclient and this works flawless. Worst case I'll have to reset all clients for all users (lucky me, only 4 of them).

I'll check the aliases later today. I've set user aliases for certain users (i.e. aceelie and aceelie are aliases for elpadre) but that is on blueonyx user level. I cannot recall ever setting aliases in 'mail'.

C2 VodafoneZiggo Internal