[BlueOnyx:26588] looks to be ProFTPD module mod_ban

oldcabin webmaster webmasterw117 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 18:46:55 -05 2023

I should be out in an hour per my /etc/proftpd.conf file

I look at this file via webmin but this is one of those files that I don't
edit via webmin. I just look :-)

Is there a way to edit this 1 hr time limit via the GUI in case this
happens again and I need out faster?

<IfDefine DYNAMIC_BAN_LISTS>
  #LoadModule mod_ban.c
  BanEngine on
  BanLog /var/log/proftpd/ban.log
  BanTable /var/run/proftpd/ban.tab

  # If the same client reaches the MaxLoginAttempts limit 2 times
  # within 10 minutes, automatically add a ban for that client that
  # will expire after one hour.
  BanOnEvent MaxLoginAttempts 2/00:10:00 01:00:00

  # Inform the user that it's not worth persisting
  BanMessage "Host %a has been banned"

  # Allow the FTP admin to manually add/remove bans
  BanControlsACLs all allow user ftpadm
</IfDefine>