[BlueOnyx:26606] Letsencrypt certificate error on 5210R servers

Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Wed Nov 29 23:45:41 -05 2023

Over the past week or so, all my 5120R servers have started to give errors
to iphone uses when sending via SMTP AUTH.

Using a couple of SSL test sites I get errors with the Letsencrypts
certificates like:

The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers. You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate

https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html

or

https://www.digicert.com/help/

TLS Certificate status cannot be validated
OCSP Staple: 	Not Enabled
OCSP Origin:
CRL Status: 	Not Enabled

TLS Certificate is not trusted

The certificate is not signed by a trusted authority (checking against Mozilla's root store).
If you bought the certificate from a trusted authority, you probably just need to install one or more Intermediate certificates.
Contact your certificate provider for assistance doing this for your server platform.

The Letsencrypt certificates on vsites seem to be ok, it's just a sendmail
certificate.

I tested a 5209R server and it was working ok as well.

- Ernie.