[BlueOnyx:26547] Dovecot Aliases for email username?

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 15:19:45 -05 2023

Michael, In the latest version of Microsoft Mail it is no longer
possible to use an email account where the username is not the email
address. Microsoft has been making moves toward this for a while but
until now it has always been possible to find a place to put the
username directly.

Outlook still allows that but Microsoft Mail does not any longer. I
happen to be Goggling the issue and found a page about Dovecot aliases
and it occurred to me that this might be doable on BlueOnyx. You already
have a place for the prefered email alias in the GUI so that
auto-replies are sent from that address. Would it be possible to use
that info to also populate a dovecot alias?

Here is what I found about dovecot aliases.
https://serverfault.com/questions/1054395/login-aliases-for-smtp-imap

Thanks,
M Aronoff Out – maronoff at gmail.com

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find
the harder I work the more I have of it.
   - Thomas Jefferson