[BlueOnyx:26549] Re: Dovecot Aliases for email username?

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Sat Oct 21 01:05:37 -05 2023

Hmm. Not happy with Microsoft on this one. Attacks against a known username make it easier to compromise an account. Lets assume a percentage of BX users out there have the same password on BX as something else, and the something else has had a breach. Right now, they cant get into mail because of the fact of the different username. If this change happens, that will disappear.

At the very least, it should be opt in… Just saying.