[BlueOnyx:26551] Re: Dovecot Aliases for email username?

Taco Scargo taco at blueonyx.nl
Sun Oct 22 05:54:35 -05 2023

Hi Michael,

I believe part of the solution is also setting the zones for the e-mail domain up with specific SRV records, pointing to a web service that outputs an XML with e-mail server configuration.
I never looked into this very thoroughly, but maybe the XML file can also contain the right username (format).

I have created a plugin for Roundcube ages ago to have people login with their e-mail address.
I haven’t seen any abuse the last 10 years.

People should just have secure passwords :)

Kind regards,

Taco

Taco