[BlueOnyx:26440] Re: easy-backup ftp problem and question

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Sep 4 19:40:39 -05 2023

Hi Michael,

> it appears that it is not compatible with a # in my ftp password

This is now fixed in Easy-Backup v1.0.10-1, which I've just published on
NewLinQ.

While that was a relative simple fix, the feature request for optional
extra directories to be backed up? That requires some more work, but
I'll see that it gets done. Will take a few days, though.

I need to add a new switch to the CLI command (like --extradirs) that
triggers automatically during backups and restores (if all Vsites are
exported and not just a few). But it can also be set manually to restore
just the extra-dirs. If set during a restore, it will restore the
optional extra dirs you've included in the backup.

As for backing those extra-dirs up? They will be packed up in a separate
Tarball that gets checksummed and stored alongside the rest of the tarballs.

Then the CODB Schema file and CODB config file need to be updated. One
GUI page (the one under "Server Management" / "Maintenance" /
"Easy-Backup") needs to be extended with a TextArea for entering the
directories one by one. An extra handler needs to be created that checks
if these directories actually exist when you save in the GUI. And then
we need updated localization strings for nine languages for the new GUI
text and the new error messages that deal with extra-directory
functionality.

It's a good days work and I'll see if I can squeeze it in this week.