[BlueOnyx:26459] Re: Easy-Backup problem

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Sep 9 11:14:55 -05 2023

Hi Michael,

> Easy-Backup did not run on 3 of 4 servers last night and I am not sure
> where to start looking for the problem.
>
> I got no emails and I do not see anything hung in Running Processes this
> morning.
>
> Any idea where I should start looking?

Let's do this step by step:

1.) Check if it possibly is still running:

ps axf|grep easy

2.) Check if the cronjob had tried to start it:

cat /var/log/cron|grep easy

3.) Logfile: If it did run, but aborted? The email
     logfile might still be around and might shed some
     light:

cat /home/.easy-backup/easy-backup.log

4.) Run it manually and see if it gets stuck or aborts and check
     what messages it gives then:

/usr/sausalito/sbin/easy-backup --backup --admins