[BlueOnyx:26462] Re: PHP speed

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Sep 11 07:19:08 -05 2023

On 9/11/23 6:39 AM, Colin Jack via Blueonyx wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> We are getting customers complaining that their sites are slow on our 5209R and 5210R servers.
> These are mainly WP sites and we always set suPHP.
>
> Quick question – is it suPHP slowing it down and maybe we should use PHP (DSO) + mod_ruid2 or FPM?
> Any other suggestions to improve WP sites would be welcome.
suPHP can be pretty slow.   PHP-FPM is the way to go, IMO, as it offers
the security features and ability to choose between PHP versions
(assuming you've got the Solarspeed pkg for that) and performance.
Move the sites to PHP-FPM and see if that quells the complaints.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services