[BlueOnyx:26899] Re: sendmail pipelining question

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Fri Apr 12 09:13:11 -05 2024

Taco,

  I am seeing more and more hosts that send the entire
message in one burst leaving no chance to answer "no
such user" or any other error or non acceptance and then
our server is left trying to bounce the message after the
fact.  Yes, primarily spammers tricks, but one I can avoid
by disabling pipelining.  From my perspective I see no
really good, valid reason for having it enabled.  All my
non BlueOnyx boxes have it disabled and work just fine.
(and have less spam in the queue trying to be returned
to bogus or invalid addresses).

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net