[BlueOnyx:26904] Re: sendmail pipelining question

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Apr 12 10:27:55 -05 2024

Hi Larry,

>    Yes, have it running on one of our boxes (it also defaults
> to accepting pipelining) but postfix is not available on all boxes.

Postfix is available on 5210R and 5211R and it's by far the better
choice. It's much more resilient against those attacks and handles load
in a much better fashion due to its modularity.

As for pipelining in Sendmail: As far as I know you can't turn
pipelining off. You can just suppress that the SMTP greeting banner
advertises that the server uses pipelining. A proper SMTP-client that
conforms to standards would then not use pipelining, but a spammer still
might try to use it just out of spite.

Again: This is something that just works better in Postfix.