[BlueOnyx:26940] Re: 5210R upgrade to Elmer -> no GUI login possible

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Apr 22 13:59:36 -05 2024

Hi Janwillem,

> I updated a 5210R today to the new GUI, all went fine apparently
> according to yum log but I am unable to login in the GUI as it states
> username/password incorrect-
> Which is not true as ssh with same user/pass works fine.
>
> Luckily I had a snapshot and restored to old GUI, but what can cause this?
> Cookies etc were removed before trying to access new GUI.

No idea, really. My first instinct is to say: Cookies. Or it could be
that permissions on /usr/sausalito/sessions/ was incorrect and a CCEd
restart or a run of "swatch" would have fixed that.

It would also have been helpful to check /var/log/messages and
/var/log/gui-debug.log to see what they were recording during those
login attempts.