[BlueOnyx:26750] Re: GUI development: BlueOnyx 2FA for GUI logins

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Feb 8 15:30:42 -05 2024

On 2/7/2024 11:36 PM, Michael Stauber via Blueonyx wrote:

> As the intention has always been to keep the old "Adminica" GUI as an
> option that could be reverted back to (both on a server- as well as
> individual user level) I sort of broke some parts of the Adminica GUI
> by adding new features.
>
> I'm now in the process of fixing those "Adminica"-theme related
> issues. Means: An end is in sight. \o/

Great news on the progress!

And also, that's a nice idea to keep the old GUI.  We've had several
customers who complain loudly about how they cannot find anything when
moving from (for example) the old Cobalt-derived interface, or when
Roundcube updated, or for that matter moving from Squirrelmail.   So
yeah, having the option for squeaky wheels will be helpful.

> But before fixing those old theme issues I am currently toying with
> 2FA authentication for GUI logins.

I agree this will be a welcome addition, and your description of the
planned implementation makes good sense.   Nice work, and great thoughts!

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services