[BlueOnyx:26759] Re: Adding DKIM to DNS

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Feb 22 23:40:49 -05 2024

Hi Colin, hi Pedro,

> Is it possible to allow adding CNAME records with underscores in DNS please?
>
> MS 365 requires the following: selector1._domainkey.domain.com  >
>   selector1-domain-com._domainkey.domain.onmicrosoft.com but this throws
> an invalid entry on the GUI (fix this!).

This has now been fixed:

https://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/changeset?reponame=&new=5147%40%2F&old=5142%40%2F

YUM updates with this change have been published to the following YUM
repositories:

- BlueOnyx 5210R (regular production YUM repository)
- BlueOnyx 5211R (Testing YUM repository)

As I will officially release BlueOnyx 5211R with the new GUI on Sunday,
it doesn't make sense to merge the fixes into old 5211R code that gets
obsoleted in a few days anyway.

Pedro also pointed out to me that when editing existing CNAME records
the field "Real Domain Name" always gets changed to the actual domain
name of the zone in question.

Example: If you had a CNAME of the zone company.com pointing to
onmicrosoft.com? On edit of the CNAME record it would change "Real
Domain Name" back to company.com

This has now been fixed as well. On CNAME creation or edits the field
"Real Domain Name" will only default to the domain name of the zone if
the field was empty.

Please try it out and let me know if it now fits your needs.