[BlueOnyx:26761] BlueOnyx 5211R (new GUI) officially released!

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Feb 25 17:55:46 -05 2024

Hi all,

The modernized BlueOnyx 5211R has been officially released:

https://www.blueonyx.it/news/334/102/BlueOnyx-5211R-New-GUI-Officialy-released/

The link above has more information and also images and videos, so I
just pass the important info along here:

How to update:
===============

The RPMs are now available in the 5211R YUM repository and a simple "yum
clean all" and "yum update" (or the next automated YUM/DNF update) will
take care of it.

Potential issues during initial YUM/DNF update:

Be sure to log out of the GUI interface when you run the YUM update to
upgrade your BlueOnyx. Otherwise you might get "500 Server Error"
messages due to a new authentication scheme and session data storage
formats. If you forgot and now can't log out of the GUI? Just delete
your cookies and that will fix it.

Other than that: The upgrade should be smooth and has been well tested.

BlueOnyx Shop Packages:
========================

As mentioned before: If you have one or more of the following BlueOnyx
shop PKGs installed?

- NewLinQ
- WebApp Installer
- AV-SPAM
- Easy-Backup
- Fail2ban
- Firewall
- OpenVPN

Be sure to update them to the latest versions, as old GUI pages are no
longer entirely compatible to changes introduced in the modernized GUI.
Which would lead to some buttons becoming unusable or invisible.
Modernized PKGs had already been pushed to NewLinQ eight days ago and
these will work.

Update ISO Image:

An updated ISO image and Virtual Disk Images for BlueOnyx 5211R with the
new GUI have also been released and can be found on our download page:

https://www.blueonyx.it/downloads

In closing:

We hope you enjoy the all new BlueOnyx 5211R and hope that it will serve
you well. We had a lot of fun creating it and will be happy to hear your
comments and suggestions. Work has already started to port the new GUI
to BlueOnyx 5210R as well.