[BlueOnyx:26706] Re: Aventurin{e} 6109R: Issues after YUM update - Hotfix available

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jan 26 02:56:21 -05 2024

Hi Taco,

> On a separate note, have you ever looked at creating
> an OpenVZ 9 based Aventurin{e} to make use of the RHEL9
> version of the OpenVZ kernel?
 >
> This would obviously allow 5211R to run as VZs.

It's one of the things I've been toying with for Aventurin{e} 6110R.

The principal problem is that OpenVZ 9 isn't there yet and they're
running out of turf. They had a massive brain drain in the last few
years and it shows: Their development cycles and abilities have slowed
down drastically.

The latest OpenVZ 9 ISO is from March 2023 and although the their code
repository has frequent updates and fixes? The content in the actual YUM
repository is surprisingly stale. Like using a kernel from February
2022, which just isn't cutting it.

Beyond that: What's currently there is at best beta-quality and not yet
fit for production. When that changes, I'll jump right at it.

But in the meantime I'm planning on an alternative once I have wrapped
up the new GUI for BlueOnyx.