[BlueOnyx:27127] Re: Email woes

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Thu Jul 25 10:48:22 -05 2024

At 11:15 PM 7/24/2024, Michael Stauber via Blueonyx wrote:
>>1. I think it makes sense to remove the rua from the DKIM/DMARC
>>entry in the system. (As I understand it rua is "accepted" )
>>However, BX does not like the leading "_" ... if I remember
>>correctly.  Do I need to do this on the CL? If so, please direct me.
>>2. Has the DKIM changed? As far as i know, for our domains, we do
>>have DKIM/DMARC entries, but then I get this:
>
>No idea. DKIM just works and I see no issue with it in general.
>What's the domain name in question and what do your DNS records look like?

         Today, it is oldradio.com
         _dmarc . oldradio.comTXTv=DMARC1; p=quarantine; sp=none;
rua=mailto:barry@****.com; ruf=mailto:barry@****.com; rf=afrf;
pct=10; ri=86400;
         and
default._domainkey . oldradio.comTXTv=DKIM1; k=rsa;
p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDFQ8zB2zbbwdXVlZOlTCO36rHykOmM64B0lRElUMhh+iP1GbP/+e4h0bsFvT73/oy/jebj+WfxI+09lf0bPJ/bHNFvOdO7/aoAyUZXdNKJuNR4OjonTgi2jjGcPO1c+jL89b6FSKFnGnvnsVbj9MVqNyJuOXbokKVp81/kNkZ9uwIDAQAB

         I have 22 notices this morning.

Sometimes, I see:
<row>
<source_ip>208.77.223.78</source_ip>
<count>1</count>
<policy_evaluated>
<disposition>none</disposition>
<dkim>fail</dkim>
<spf>pass</spf>

Some say (note, it says both spf fail and pass!):
<count>2</count>
<policy_evaluated>
<disposition>none</disposition>
<dkim>fail</dkim>
<spf>fail</spf>
</policy_evaluated>
</row>
<identifiers>
<header_from>oldradio.com</header_from>
</identifiers>
<auth_results>
<spf>
<domain>radiolists.net</domain>
<result>pass</result>

another example:
         This is a DMARC aggregate report for oldradio.com
         2 records.
         1 passed.
         1 failed.
         Submitted by Salem Media Group

So, it seems there is "something" but I have no idea what.

Any help appreciated.
barry