[BlueOnyx:27066] Re: /etc/alternatives/mta -> (sendmail|postfix)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jun 17 10:57:36 -05 2024

Hi Tomohiro,

> Even if you change the system MTA from sendmail to postfix,
> "alternatives --display mta" seems to be sendmail.
>
> Doesn't blueonyx "alternatives --set mta /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix" ?

No, it doesn't. The GUI still creates Sendmail config files for anything
email related. The way our Postfix integration works is that the Systemd
Unit-File for Postfix parses the Sendmail configurations on the fly
whenever Postfix is (re)started. And generates Postfix a configuration
based on the Sendmail configuration.

That's why we leave /etc/alternatives/mta set to Sendmail. Because
otherwise that mechanism breaks.