[BlueOnyx:27067] php-fpm failure due to port clash

Darren Wolfe darren at intersys-group.com
Tue Jun 18 03:48:01 -05 2024

Hi,

I've encountered a problem where php-fpm (in this case 8.1) failed to start after installing an update to it, and php-fpm 8.2 fresh. I traced this back to one of the vsite configs in /etc/php-fpm-8.1.d where it had been assigned port 9100, which clashed with node_explorer.

I've temporarily renamed the specific vsites fpm config so I could get php-fpm running again (meaning this particular vsite is down, but the rest are up), but presumably this port should never be used for a vsite.
How do I resolve the port conflict, and prevent this from happening in the future?

Thanks
Darren