[BlueOnyx:26807] Re: Questions about host and domain name for system and logging on

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Mar 8 20:46:49 -05 2024

Hi Torrance,

> The issue is that if I want to host the domain name used on the same
> server, setting it up turns into a DNS Baron Munchausen bootstrapping
> problem, esp. since you're not supposed to use the domain name as a
> virtual site on the same server, as I understand it.

Correct. So if you want to host the Vsite "www.company.com", then just
give the server itself the FQDN "server.company.com" via the setup
script. Or something similar. Just make sure that at least the hostname
part is different from any hosted Vsite.

That way you can have the GUI on one FQDN and the Vsite on another.