[BlueOnyx:26838] Re: NEW GUI Bug , Mail Forward Problem, ImapSync Bug - fixed

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Mar 11 22:53:19 -05 2024

Hi Rodrigo,

> To report I found the Culprit for the bug

Very well. Many thanks for letting me know! Let's start with this one first:

 > 2:Whenever I try to add a second email to *email forwarding* we get an
 > error message that
 >
 > The email forwarding list has invalid valies so we cannot forward to
 > more than one user on the New GUI,
 >
 > using enter, commas, semicolons does not work

I just published YUM updates for 5210R and 5211R that fix the issue. You
can now enter multiple email addresses as recipient in 'Email
Forwarding' again. The correct format is: One email address per line. No
commas or semicolons at the end.

The problem was that I did split the input incorrectly if there was more
than one line and that has now been fixed.

Do a "yum clean all" and "yum update" and you'll get the updates that
solve the issue.

> 1:If a user was migrated from 5209 and had some remains of an old *imap
> sync *
>
> It wont save changes until you fill out all the Imapsync fields (even if
> filled out erroneously)

This is a bit of a misconception, but I can see how you got the impression.

These radio switches that fold out other form fields if they're enabled?
And collapse these form fields back into invisibility once disabled?

For the sake of giving them a name we named them "MultiChoice" or
"MultiChoice Radios".

The form validation checks only form fields that are visible at the time
of the check. So if a MultiChoice like "IMAP Synchronization" is NOT
enabled, then the (now invisible) form fields it has will not be
included in the error checks. Once you enable a MultiChoice? Then all
its required fields demand input and all input that is inserted is
checked to see if it matches the expected format.

So unless you enable "IMAP Synchronization" it has no effect if there is
required data missing or fields don't have the correct input. That way
you don't need to worry about anything that's in the underlying form
fields of such a MultiChoice for as long as it's not enabled.

You can even flip it to enabled and as long as you don't click into one
of the underlying form fields of that MultiChoice the error check will
not trigger. But once you click into (for example) "Source Password" and
then click somewhere else? It will mark that formfield as red and will
say: "Please fix this field" as it demands input.

Now here is the glitch (and yes, it is one): If you now click on "IMAP
Synchronization" again to close that MultiChoice and to hide its
underlying form fields?

The "Save" button remains greyed out and doesn't turn fully green again.

BUT: It still works and you *can* save. It wouldn't let you save if the
MultiChoice with the active form validation error was still open, though.

This is a small annoying glitch in the MultiChoice form field validation
that I still need to fix. But it's horribly complicated.