[BlueOnyx:26854] Re: 5210R Update Error

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Mar 14 10:51:40 -05 2024

Hi Taco,

> I am out of clues now.
> What happens if you do:
> Yum update now/manually?
> Still the same error?
I got Richard sorted and he now has the new GUI and all updates.
However: The whole thing puzzles me as well.

The server *always* failed to download two specific RPMs:

admserv-php *and* sausalito-palette

YUM/DNF even tried different mirrors by itself when it aborted with
partial downloads of said RPMs. It tried the mirrors in NL, DE, JP and
US. All reported the same issue: Partial download.

I then tried to download the RPMs directly with WGET to /tmp/ and even
then I got only partial downloads with failed checksum.

In the end I brought these two RPMs aboard via SCP and installed them
manually. Then the YUM update went through with the rest of the files
from the official repos.

The mirrors are fine and the file sizes and checksums match. It can't be
just a network error, because then YUM/DFN wouldn't always fail the same
two files, which have nothing in common. Sure, admserv-php is one of the
larger RPMs, but not the largest. And sausalito-palette is comparatively
small. So it's not just file size either that causes this.

I'm a bit out of ideas about the root cause of this, but maybe there is
a signature based content filter in front of this that trips over
something in these two RPMs with a false positive and then aborts the
download.

Anyway: For now this ought to be good, but it needs to be watched to see
if it will have similar issues with future updates.