[BlueOnyx:26857] Re: Radicale and iPhone iOS 17 Calendar App

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Mar 17 18:12:52 -05 2024

Hi Chad,

> I set up a Radicale calendar on my server, and put the account
> credentials into my iPhone running IOS 17.3.  It validated fine using
> the https link to the calendar.  However, it seemed then to be unable to
> update the calendar.  When I went back into the account settings on the
> iPhone using the calendar, the full URL had been truncated to only show
> the system name, getting rid of the important
> "/radicale/[username]/[calendar]" info.

That's weird. I don't have an iPhone, so I cannot replicate this.
Hopefully someone else can chime in on this.

But basically: Yeah, the app should not truncate the URL. Is there by
chance an "autodetect" feature in the app that tries to determine the
URL to the calendar and overwrites your manually inserted settings? If
so, that certainly should be turned off.

Other than that? No idea, sorry.