[BlueOnyx:26865] Turn on allow_url_fopen for vsite

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Sat Mar 23 11:40:12 -05 2024

I have a vsite on a 5209R running Solarspeed PHP 8.1 and having problems
getting images to show up with a certain copy protection plugin used in
WordPress. The error reported is:

[Sat Mar 23 11:52:19.280525 2024] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 6130] [client
144.129.73.34:6171] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning:
imagecreatefrompng(): http:// wrapper is disabled in the server
configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in
/home/.sites/43/site28/web/wp-content/plugins/wccp-pro/watermark.php on
line 594PHP message: PHP Warning:
imagecreatefrompng(http://www.fostoriaamerican2056.com/wp-content/plugins/wccp-pro/images/testing-logo.png?x=wccp_pro_watermark_pass):
Failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in
/home/.sites/43/site28/web/wp-content/plugins/wccp-pro/watermark.php on
line 594'

I tried turning this setting on at the vsite level, but still off. I'm
thinking it must need to be On at the server level. When I tried that,
the change never saved with the progress bar continuing to show until I
finally stopped php-fpm service on the command line and let swatch get
all going again. But still not turned on looking at phpinfo for the
vsite. I then tried to edit in the service php.ini:
/home/solarspeed/php-8.1/etc/php.ini

After a restart of all php-fpm, still not On. So, I have two problems,
something goes very awry when I try to save any changes to Server
Management ->  Security -> PHP Settings. Second, I have not been after
to get allow_url_fopen turned on for this vsite. Can someone suggest a fix?

--
Robert