[BlueOnyx:26872] Re: Log rotation

Aaron Greenspan aarong at thinkcomputer.com
Tue Mar 26 10:57:32 -05 2024

Michael,

Thanks for the tip. I guess things moved from ~/logs to ~/var/logs in the virtual site directory.

I do see the web.log file I was looking for in ~/var/logs, but it starts at midnight on March 1, 2024. There is no data prior to that. I thought it used to store until reaching a file size limit at which point it would compress everything.

Looking at /etc/logrotate.d/site[virtual site number], I see:

/home/.sites/site30/var/logs/web.log {
   su SITE30-logs site30
   monthly
   rotate 0
   shred
   maxage 1827
   missingok
   minsize 10000
}

Is this a file that the UI edits or that I’m supposed to edit? It seems like the vsite defaults are configured to not rotate and delete data after a month, which is not good.

Aaron

 <http://www.thinkcomputer.com/>
Aaron Greenspan
President & CEO