[BlueOnyx:27003] Re: 5209R to 5210R, 2 things noticed

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed May 29 15:32:46 -05 2024

Hi Tomohiro,

> That is such an improvement idea!
> That is great, but the behavior I want in the immediate future is to
> be the same as the 5209R.
>
>>> 5209R
> http -> http

Sadly that's not possible if the error page is served by the GUI. On
5210R and 5211R the GUI only runs on HTTPS and HTTP there is just a
redirect to HTTPS.

If it needs to be HTTP -> HTTP then I have to get a bit creative. Like
proxying the HTTPS error page via HTTP. Which is not a thrilling
proposition, as HTTP -> HTTPS proxy via Apache is terrible. Or create a
static HTML page that's being served. The latter sure is an option and
much easier.

I'll think about something.

>>> 5210R
>>>       % lwp-request -Sd http://suspended.site/
>>>       GET http://suspended.site/
>>>       302 Found
>>>       GET https://suspended.site:81/gui/Forbidden403
>              ^^^^^
>>>       500 Can't connect to suspended.site:81 (hostname verification failed)

Like said: That can be fixed in "Server Management" / "Maintenance" /
"Server Desktop". Set the "Redirect to Server-Name" to enabled and save.

But yeah: This shouldn't have been an issue to begin with.