[BlueOnyx:27013] Re: Exporting and Importing Secondary Mail Server Records

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri May 31 11:12:52 -05 2024

Hi Richard,

> Thank you for the detailed answer, but it's not DNS but secondary email services I'm having trouble exporting.

Oh, sorry. Yeah, the subject even said that clearly, but that's what
happens when I didn't have coffee yet. :p

> I can see the records I need in /etc/mail/mailertable but I don't know how to move them in a way that makes them editable in the GUI.
BlueOnyx doesn't even use /etc/mail/mailertable and TBH: I'm not sure
what you mean with "secondary mail services".

Do you by chance mean the Vsite and User email aliases?

These are configured in /etc/mail/virtusertable and that's something the
GUI automatically updates based on the data in CODB. So this can't be
migrated "on foot" other than using Easy-Migrate, Easy-Backup or the old
CMU (don't use CMU anymore).

Or do you refer to the "Smart Relay Server", where BlueOnyx can use
another email server as relay for outgoing email? That setting is easily
set in the GUI under "Network Services" / "Email" in the "Basics" tab.
If it is this (and perhaps other MTA settings) then that can also be
nicely migrate with Easy-Migrate:

/usr/sausalito/sbin/easy-migrate.pl --source <IP-of-Source-Server> -p 22
--config

That will migrate most of the server settings from the old to the new
server. Including the configuration of the Email server.