[BlueOnyx:01913] Re: Web server failed!

Ken Marcus - Precision Web Hosting, Inc. kenlists at precisionweb.net
Wed Aug 5 11:59:43 -05 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: lists at odea.net
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 9:41 AM
Subject: [BlueOnyx:01912] Web server failed!

Hello all

I'm wondering if I could seek some assistance.

I have a BlueQuartz web server running on a VPS running on Aventurin{e} that
has failed and cannot be restarted.

I have restarted the VPS; the box; and via SSH attempted to restart the
services thus:

/etc/init.d/cced.init restart
/etc/init.d/admserv restart
/etc/init.d/httpd restart

I receive a response of OK to cced.init and admserv but FAILLED to httpd
restart.

There is also the error message: Cannot assign requested address: make_sock:
could not bind to address 203.xxx.xxx.15
No listening sockets available, shutting down.

I'd be grateful for any assistance.

Kind wishes

Shane
<<

Shane

Make sure that the IP you are trying to use for the VPS is set as an allowed
IP in the Master Node / Master control panel.

Or from the  /admin  GUI for the VPS itself, make sure you have set the IP
address for the site correctly.  Maybe change it and then chagne it back?

Or, try restoring the VPS from a backup of when it was working.

----
Ken Marcus
Ecommerce Web Hosting by
Precision Web Hosting, Inc.