[BlueOnyx:01944] Re: eth0 issues

bluequartz at ozin.com bluequartz at ozin.com
Thu Aug 6 17:06:47 -05 2009

The not being able to change the Host Name or Domain Name on the System Settings / TCP/IP page means I cannot create a proper self signed certificate and that mysql gets confused with it's users too.

Is there any way I can fill in the System Settings / TCP/IP  page via the Shell so that I can fix my issues while I wait for the fix from Michael?

Sadly the suggestion that I disable one of the NICs so that I only have two does not work for me as it will leave me with the first one and one other.

You may remember that my first one often does not get detected properly and this is the one that can't be disabled in the BIOS, only the second and third can be. So I have changed the order so that the second is eth0 and the third is eth1. Thus the first (when it is detected properly) is eth3 but can't be disabled.

Jason