[BlueOnyx:02039] Re: Perl conflicts in upgrade attempt

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Wed Aug 12 08:21:32 -05 2009

You're right Michael.  That is a fairly stock BX system.  And I was simply attempting to perform a "yum upgrade".  Perl is the only package that will not upgrade.

But this system does have the Nuonce MailScanner/Spamassassin/MailWatch installed on it.  I had no idea that it so brutally installed packages when it was installed - its worked OK from day one.  But now, the Perl upgrade problem.

Do you think that Perl not upgrading will cause any future problems?  I've got a second system that is identical, except has been loaded more recently (just two/three weeks ago).  It doesn't have the Perl upgrade problem (but may have already had the newer Perl version on it when MailScanner was installed).

Chuck