[BlueOnyx:02131] Re: PHP changes BQ->BO

Robert Fitzpatrick lists at webtent.net
Fri Aug 14 19:22:06 -05 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 17:23 -0500, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet
wrote:
> Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> > I have migrated some sites and it seems a few things have to be done
> > perhaps to php.ini when coming from the php4 on BQ to the php5 on the BO
> > server? Can someone lend some guidance on the most popular changes
> > needed to basic sites? For instance, right now I have a site that uses
> > the tectite.com formmail.php, but it gives an error about not receiving
> > any data from the POST. Also have some old osCommerce sites not wanting
> > to work no BO. Both of these scripts seem to use a lot of constants, is
> > that something that might need tweaking in the php.ini?
>
> Hi Robert,
> Your OSCommerce sites, depending on the version, may need quite a bit of
> tweaking in order to function on PHP5.   Some time ago we brought in
> some OSC sites that were set up using the old Nuonce configurator.  The
> CVS versions needed a lot of little hacks in order to run on PHP5.   I
> will look to see if we still have any notes from back then.   What
> version OSC are the sites you're having trouble with?

Yeah, I cmuImport'd a OSC vsite over to a Nuonce 4.8 BQ server and it
worked fine. I guess I can just continue the php4 service until everyone
gets moved. The one that really gets me is the tectite.com form. A site
has v8.04 and gives the same error if I download v8.16, latest.

'This URL is a Form submission program.
It appears the form is not working correctly as there was no data found.
You're not supposed to browse to this URL; it should be accessed from a
form.'

Not sure the version of OSC I am keeping on BQ for now, the index.php
file head shows...

$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:37:59 hpdl Exp $

Thanks, Robert